Monday, June 8, 2009

Thanks for a good day!

Up at 6 a.m., put the cereal bowls out, picked up the blankets from the couch, started the dishwasher then off to wake the girls. Thankfully there was no fuss about waking up and only a small amount of arguing. Packed lunches, girls picked out their snacks and drinks and stuffed blankets into their backpacks. Off to dress myself and then kisses for everyone as we're off to start our day. Todd kissed me and lingered for a while, made me realize that I really miss him lately. Being pregnant has been a change for both of us.
Work presents a pretty good day, busy and everyone seemed to be in good spirits. I left the office for lunch today. Stopped at Albertson's to grab some fruit and stuff for the week for dinner. I decided to try a new recipe, Brown Sugar Chicken, it didnt take long to put together. It's a crock pot meal so I chopped and put it all together for lunch then sat down for a sandwich before heading back to the office.
Finished everything on my to-do list then off to pick up the girls from Camp. They had a GREAT day and didn't argue at all (according to them). We were supposed to have dinner with a friend but they wanted to swim so we postponed (good thing I put something cooking). Got home, fixed them some fresh fruit for snack, and now they're PLAYING, not fighting, in the pool. Hopefully they'll be nice and worn out and will go to bed early since we've got to get up and be at the school at 6:45 for the field trip.
Dinner smells great! I'll post the recipe because if it tastes half as good as it smells you'll want to try it!
I'm proud of what I accomplished today and of my mood in particular as I tried extra hard to practice patience and be nice. :)
Hope someone else had a good Monday too.

1 comment:

  1. Then life comes along and hits Grace in the chin. Sometimes life is such a pain. ;)
    Hope she is feeling better. Her little eyes were so wide open last night, with everyone looking at her.

    Hope everyone had a good Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete