Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The people in my life... Continued

Rashell and I met about 9 year ago at my first real "job." She didn't think I was smart because I had big boobs! And yes, she actually told me that one day. Funny thinking back on it. We've shared some pretty intense life changing events, for years we didn't talk at all just due to career moves, life changes, husbands, kids, etc. We always seemed to find out way back once each year around her birthday then finally a year and a half ago she came to work in the office I work in and she's become a rock in my life. We can go days without talking even though we're just two doors away from one another but usually around day number 3 one of us comes around to vent. She's the best listener I've ever met, she's know when to offer advice adn when to sit back. She doubts herself way too much but when it needs to count, she knows how important she is. She has a great marriage and fabulous life.
"Jen" and I crossed paths through our husbands about three years ago. Not in the best places of our relationships at the time, we immediately bonded over the "only ifs" of life. Strong is an understatement for what she has endured over the last few years. Three boys, husband, family, moving, etc... she's seen it all and yet no matter what she has always, always be so inviting to the "other" people in her life. She has never been too busy too take on a new problem or help someone else out. It's crazy but it was like the more, the merrier and she handled it all so graciously on the outside. I remember thinking, almost knowing, she had to have been crazy because there is no way a person should be able to smile after dealing with all of that and DOESN'T drink or smoke to boot! Life has done her well, she has a beautiful family and friends who think the world of her to show for it!
Johnny is my brother-in-law and has become more like a brother to me in the very recent years. Like the rest of us, he's had struggles and unlike some, he's been able to beat those struggles and come out on top, a better person. He has been the person to hold his family together, he's kept our kids close and despite the grievances of being brothers, he's always let the past remain where it should... in the past. He hasn't been perfect at all times but he is one that will loved for the good he's done and remembered for the lives he's touched. I would proud to have any one of my three kids grow up to be honorable, loving, forgiving and caring like him. We could all learn alot from him.
Shannon is my sister-in-law. I can't say that we're the best of friends but I can say that she is a friend that most would like to call their "best" friend. She's strong and courageous. She's insightful and she's a very good mother! She's helped through my journay with Todd and his family. She's been there without even knowing it. She is the person that answered the questions that my heart heal. She's always been honest and most of all she's hung on through all of the turmoil and she's forgiven when it was deserved. She's been there to help secure the friendship and the family closeness I prayed for when it came to our children and our family in general. Even with her own kids being grown-up and on their own, she lets my very not grown-up :) kids tag along. She's comes to the parties and she's answers the 1000 questions they each have and she's hasn't stangled one of them yet!
Corey has been in my life for about 6 years. My feelings for him have always been upside down in one way or the other with regard to he and my mom. He's a great man, a very caring and very giving person. Far from perfect but very real. He has become a part of my family and although I miss having my mom and dad together and often dream of what it would be like to go home to my "parents" home, I am grateful that he is the one that has come into our lifes if we couldnt have it the fairytale way. He has been there, although it wasn't always obvious, when each of us needed him. He's been good to me, to each of my sisters, to my mom and most of all to my Grace. He allowed our family to sort of adopt him and he's become "poppy".
Mrs. Chris will always hold a most special place in my heart and my life. This woman has taught me more about the soul that I will ever be able to recount. She is a walking, living, breathing Saint in every essence of the word. I pray that God places her in the most beautiful place in Heaven when it's her time because she will surely deserve it.
Strub was the first real friend I made outside of my elementary school circle. I swear my mom and his dad willed us to get married! Oh the fun we had together. Most people thought he was a little shy at times but he was as far from shy as Adam Sandler. He made me laugh everytime I was with him. He looked out for me, took care of me and made me feel special. We did so much together and even kissed once! I will never forget the day we sat on the bench near the bayou and he told me his dad had cancer, it was one of the saddest days I'd had because it was a moment in time in which I realized we were no longer innocent, shielded kids, we were... adults. My heart hurt for him. I think there were times when he was a better friend to me than I was to him, I seemed to always be trying to "find" myself, he always helped me along the way. We lost touch over the years, his father died not long ago and my heart ached in a way I hadnt felt in a while. I wished I'd been closer to him, been nearer and been a better friend so then when I hugged him, I could have actually been a comfort to him.
Lance oh where do I begin? He was the female version of Tandy in my life although he came along first. Our adventure started in Baton Rouge for the first LSU game I ever went to which happened to his birthday and we got to celebrate it twice because that was also the day the time changed. We danced and drank and I stole his straw hat. We were inseperable since that day, we went out 3 times a week and on the nights we weren't out, we were all cooking and talking about our next adventure. The first time he slept at my place we kissed and realized it wasn't for us. I can't help but smile when I think of him. He came shopping with me, and he always knew what to say and even better, he told me when I looked terrible! I bought him his first Peacoat and he so rocked it! I remember wishing we were "that" way because he looked so good! haha. One night he went home with a chic and the next morning D and I called him and he couldnt remember the girls name... we had to say it for him. I do miss him...
Dwayne and I also started on that fateful day in BR for the LSU game! He's tall and dark and indian and had pipes on the wall in his apartment. He claims to be super neat but he is no where close to it, at least he wasnt back then. I remember actually throwing away the BATH mat that was under the garbage can in his kitchen. I love his mom and his dad and his brothers and always feel like part of the family when I am around. Dwayne knows every important detail of my life, he knows the real me. We never kissed but I do think he accidently touched my boobs once. I had too much to drink one night, cooked a bowl of spaghetti-o's and then went to the bathroom, I guess I didn't come back for a while because he had to carry me from the bathroom to my bedroom and he even left a trashcan for me. Me, Dwayne and Lance lived together in a great house and had way too much fun. D's engaged now and I'm still in shock! He's finally done it and she's beautiful and she makes him smile!

2 comments:

  1. ok, so I just read that about and I cried! I have not cried, yet reading shit makes me cry. Thanks for thinking so much of me! I love you.

    ReplyDelete