Monday, June 1, 2009

The people in my life.

my mom has taught me so much about life and love and learning to laugh and about when to let go. She is my bestfriend, my mentor, and sometimes my biggest enemy because she knows me so well. She did such a good job in raising me that I got a little too good at being independant and recently had to find a way back to being the daughter that I so desperately needed to be. I had to remember that she was there for me to see and to forgive my mistakes, to help make important decisions and to listen when I just needed someone to talk to. We are so very different and yet so much the same.
my dad is strong and stubborn and loving and difficult all at the same time. He's taught me so many things, most noteable is my desire to be strong and independant and equal to others. He taught that it was ok to cry and hurt and though he didnt mean to, he also taught me how much damage words and actions can cause and that it is better to think before we speak or act because while people are able to forgive, they rarely forget. My dad is my hero in so many ways and in so many way he is also a student in the game of life.
Nicole was born first of my twin sisters. When she was little she was closest to me. She slept with me every night and hugged me often. She was a small shadow. Turning 18 in 5 days, she is now too big to be hugged or kissed and rarely shows emotion or affection. I suppose the void I feel is similar to that which my felt each time one of her 3 daughters entered adult life. I am so much older and yet so close to my sisters that this part of life seems hurtful and sad because they no longer need me like they used to. Nicole is my my mom and my dad all in one. She has my moms stubborness and my dads temper, she shares my need for independance. This child is comical and hard, sour and sensitive, creative and beautiful - and she has no clue how much potential she has, nor how much admiration I hold for her.
Brandi is the second twin. She has a gold and fragile heart. She's quick to love, help and forgive even at her own expense sometimes. She has become much of bestfriend in the last two years. She too has no clue how strong she really is and doesnt trust herself as much as she should although I must say that she is coming around. I don't know who she's like when compared to my mom and dad, she seems so different from both. She prefers peace over confrontation and would rather be put down than make a scene just to make a point. I admire that in her. She's smart and lacks some common sense but knows how to navigate her way around. She's beauty all in itself. I am proud of the young woman she has become.
Todd is my love and hate, my happiness and sorrow, my rock and my nitch. He has become my everything. I read that "you will grow tired of everyone, rather its a question of who you tire from the least." I've never beleieved that each person only has one love, so this is rather suiting for me. Todd is the person that I choose to love, like, fight with, make-up with, suprise, laugh with, and look out for. He is my husband. He accepts me for me (most of the time). He really has become my bestfriend, he knows me so well now. He knows when to love and when to let go, he knows when to smile and when turn away. He knows what to say and when to be silent. He knows how to hold me. He knows how to be patient. It has taken us years of practice and hard work, ups and downs but we finally have it. We finally know that this is our life and we are to make of it whatever we'd like. I know that where ever it is... I want it to be with him.
Lacie and I have known each other since 4th grade. We have shared so much since those days of terrible cafateria food, crappy lesson plans and meaningless arguements. Lacie knows me better than anyone else, she really does know my every secret and truly is the only person to know such information about me. Lacie is one of a kind and has been the best I could have ever asked for. We drive each other nuts from time to time, although we've never thought alike, we've softened over the last few years with babies, husbands, a real life responsibilities. We've shared every big moment together and even when our paths seperate for a while, we always find a way back. It'll never quite be the same as it was in the "ole days" but it'll always be just as good for the memories will always withstand the test of time.
Jamie was a college friend, met at random but one person that I will never forget. She was the true definition of "friend." Everyone to have shared time with her should consider themselves lucky. We made a good team, we went together like cake and ice cream and we knew it. Although we were very different, we were also much the same. Our friendship ended too soon but she will always be a person that I admire and love.
Tandy ... well there are no proper words to describe our relationship. We decided we liked each other based on an opinion we shared about meaningless sex. A month later she saved me from a school of jelly fish on a beach in Biloxi. We've been inseparable since then and I trust her with everything I have. She is my exact opposite, there is seriously no other person on this entire earth that more unlike me. We talk, work, love, parent and think differently and it works. It works better than most things.
Missy and I met randomly through Todd. We were both expecting the worst and ending up seeing that it wasn't so bad. I'm very opinionated and picky, and extreme and difficult and Missy shares a lot of those same traits as well. We're complicated beyond most people's comprehension, most notably that of our husbands and sometimes our children. We don't get together often and to be honest, we don't really know a whole lot about each other. I don't know her favorite color or food, the name of her highschool or how old she was when she lost her virginity but I do know that she's genuine and exquisite and a really great friend. She was there for me I knew no where else to turn and best of all, she was honest and truthful and blunt. I admire that she is who is with no exceptions. She is an example of how women should regard themselves.
Natasha is my highschool best friend's sister. We really "met" in college, my freshman and her sophmore year. Boy did we have some good times! She introduced me to good ole ameretto sour to which in return I threw up at the bar while she held my hair and to this day can not stomach the smell of to save my life. Another one with too many opinions and a low tolerance for BS, haha. She's strong and steady but sometimes forgets how important she is and that her day in glory is coming. I really beleive that she will be one of the luckiest among us when it comes to love and family. She's been so great for us, and when it is her time, it'll be just right and perfect.
Kimi is my neighbor and my daughters new best friend. Its funny because the first time I met Kim, I didn't think she was friendly because she didn't really say "hi"... then out she came one afternoon with her camera in tow and we've implanted ourselves into her life ever since that day. She's become a friend I didn't even realize I needed. I am so grateful to that camera of hers because in the end, had it not been for my wild child who runs around the front yard in her panties and chases poor Darla, Kimi would have had no reason to be interested in us just like we don't really hold interest with anyone else in the neighborhood. She visits just when I need a good coversation the most and she even keeps snacks around for Grace because afterall, snacks are always better when they're coming from the neighbors house! SO ARE THE PICTURES OF MY FAMILY! :)
to be continued as time permits...

1 comment:

  1. oh..... I made the list. {{{BIG HUG}}}
    she really does run around in her panties!! who cares! =)

    and Holly said, Darla sat in her lap yesterday, and Grace didn't know what to do? LOL!

    ReplyDelete