Thursday, June 25, 2009

Dear Grace

Just wanted to tell you how much I love you today. You woke up this morning, rolled over and put your arm around my neck. Daddy was already dressed for work and came to kiss you goodbye, you told him you didnt want him to leave and when he said he had to go to work you said "will you dress me first?" Daddy's girl or what!? Of course, he said yes and in one swift swoop you jumped up and grabbed on and off ya'll went.
We left for school and talked about the sun which you still confuse with the moon from time by saying "the moon is in my eyes." Thankfully, Nana bought you some really cool shades and they help to keep the moon and sun out of your eyes. We kissed goodbye and summer camp and we were both off to start our day. I stopped on the way to pick you up and got you a snack before gymnastics. You never remember what you did during the day although you must know by now that it's the first question I'll ask you, right after asking if you missed me!
We cooked dinner and then went outside to play, you helped me weed the flower beds, you mopped the front drive way and rode your tractor back and forth between Kimi's. When we were done illegally watering the flowers, we went for a walk around the neighborhood. Neither of us lasted very long, I was thnakful when you said your legs hurt first because with this big belly... I was tired after the first block!
After baths and dinner we got into bed to watch a show about gymnastics and talked for a little big. You had to switch sides with me because you couldnt see over my belly. :)
A few funny things I never want to forget...
You call pony tales "penny's"
You call cups "cup-its" ( I have no idea where this came from)
If you don't like something I say or do, you tell me I'm being rude.
You were spiderman for Halloween this year and for almost three months straight you wore spiderman "panties"
You love watching House.
Your daddy helped you perfect saying the Pledge of Alligence.
You LOVE to sing and will sing about anything. You sing about what you're doing, if your happy or sad or mad.
Everytime we go to the store you ask for a new pair of shoes, even at the grocery store!
The last time I brought you to work with me, you painted your toes and fingers with permanent marker!
You kiss my belly everyday and say hi to Baby Cameron.
You fight with Maddie all weekend then cry when she leaves and ask for her everyday until she comes back.
So... at the end of day, I love you and I am proud of you and you make me want to be a better person. I'm glad God picked me to be your mommy.

3 comments:

  1. gosh how i miss that kid playing outside in nothing but her spiderman underwear. we should crush who ever told her it was for boys!!

    p.s. she should be sleeping in her own bed. ;)

    ReplyDelete