Monday, June 29, 2009

Patience is a virtue?

I am trying so very hard to be patient and wait until my turn on July 24th to bring Cameron into this world. However, patience has never been one of my best qualities. I like to pre-plan everything, prepare way ahead of time and arrive everywhere 10-20 minutes early, etc. I am the woman who sets the alarm for 5 a.m. when I have to go out of town early in the morning and the wake once every hour checking to make sure I didnt oversleep. When I was living in Franklin and had to drive back and forth to Lafayette for work, I set my alarm for 4 a.m. every morning so I could get up and turn my hot rollers on so they would be hot when I re-woke at 5 a.m. I am a stickler about being on time. My office hours changed about 8 months ago and I dont have to be work until 9 but I'm here between 8:15 and 8:30 unless I really just don't feel good.
Anyway... I know this is something that I can't rush or come to early but I am ready. I'm bored and I feel like life is passing by because I have overwhelmed myself with anxiousness and anticipation. Seriously, it seems like only yesterday we told everyone we were pregnant and now I'm on the daily countdown.
I started having a few contractions this morning but they stopped and fly away after about two hours. Seriously, that was not a nice trick to play on a pregnant in this kind of heat. I was almost to the point of promising God I'd go at it without the epidural!
I'm just ready to hold him, and to introduce him to his daddy and his two beautiful big sisters. I'm ready to sit outside with the kids playing and not feel like I'll have a heat stroke at any minute. I'm ready to be able to get out of bed without feeling like I need a wench to hoist me out. I'm ready to be able to get out of the bath tub without having to strain every muscle in my entire big body. I'm ready to have a drink, a really strong one, on the back patio with Todd talking about anything but how miserable I am! I miss the days of talking on the back patio about anything and everything. Oh, being able to paint my toes and shave properly will be pretty nice too!

No comments:

Post a Comment