Sunday, June 7, 2009

My day with the Girls.

So... I took Grace and Madison to Gonzales to the Outlet Mall to shop for much needed summer clothes. Usually I can get by handing Maddie's down to Grace but not this year. Maddie's grown so fast that it'll take Grace's boy two years to catch up. Compared to some of out trips today was actually a really good one. Grace is my handful though. Old Navy was first, great sales fortunately. While gathering clothes in Madison's section of the store I have to keep yelling for Grace every few minutes who is in turn asking (more like yelling) if she can hAve one of everything she walks past. At one point she had her shoes off and was trying on one of every pair of the shoes in the isle. At first I was going to fuss but then I realized that she was being very quiet and Maddie and I could actually look for clothes. Had the baskets been big enough I would have loaded ours up with shoes and put Grace right in the middle just so Madison and I could walk around and look. Clothes in hand, we make our way to the dressing room. I watch Madison fight with her pair of shorts for literally 10 minutes. She couldnt get them off and all because she did not want to unbotton them. Finally, in an exhausted state she looked at me and asked if I could help her. I said "sure" why don't you unbotton them like we had to do in the last place? She did, then looked at me with this look of amazement and said "WOW, that made it easy!" I couldn't help but laugh. Meanwhile, Grace has completely stripped herself of all clothes. I guess she thought we were trying on panties too! All together we probably spent 30 minutes in the dressing room alone.
We made 14 bathroom stops and NO, I am not kidding. I started counting after the forth potty request. I have always been very proud of their early potty training but today I would have been just fine with pull-ups.
Tomorrow is their first day of summer camp together. We have their clothes picked out and ready to go and the lunch bags waiting on the counter. They get to pick everything else in the morning. I am very interested to see how the morning this week will go.
All in all it has been a good day, we're all still very ready for Cameron to be here. I more than anyone as I have what seems like a permanent cramp and burning sensation in back and now that I'm nearing the end (not near enough) the kicks and summersaults are much more noticable now. And to be honest, I am just plain tired of dealing with my own moodiness!
~Dear God... thank you for another day, for the time well spent with Grace and Maddie, for all that Todd did this weekend and if you're not too busy later, would you check into the possibility of this baby coming sometime next week? Maybe a very well developed and ready baby, I'm good with anything around 7 lbs. :) ~ME~

No comments:

Post a Comment