Friday, June 5, 2009

The people in my life... Continued

Allie is my boss' wife. When I met her I was just 20 years-old, green as could be and clueless about many, many things. Tiger took me to lunch to meet her, she was pregnant for Olivia and she was beautiful. Slowly I became a fixture in their lives, started with babysitting every now and then to implanting myself in their family and kind of becoming a third child. Allie taught me alot about life here. About presenting myself well, speaking well and being confident in myself as a whole. She was there for every new boyfriend, every heartbreak, and always offered good advice, she always reminded me that no matter how bad is seemed at that very moment... it would get better. She's a great mom and an amazing friend!
Todd"ler" was part of the Dwayne and Lance group. He was a little bit older than us but most times you couldnt tell! He was our voice of reason and most times the one causing to laugh so hard we cried. A heart of gold, abosolute gold and pretty smart too. He's seen and done it all and enjoyed every minute of it along the way. We've shared so many memories and good times that we could literally write a book based on a six month period of each of our lives and we'd run out of paper and ink! I love him, and I am so happy for him. He finally married his other half and they're due to have a baby in a few months. He's the best dad in the world and an impossibly good husband too!
Paulette has known me my whole life. We got close when I moved back after college and lived next door. She was a rock through my parents divorce, she listened to me and although she heard every possible aspect of the situation, she didn't side. She tried to help me along the way. She's made it to every birthday party and every event in my girls lives. I remember thinking "this is family" when they all showed up in the hospital when Grace was born. I didn't really realize the importance of just being there until that moment. I think a part of my grew up a little more that day. On a personal note, she's a good women and she's spent a lot of time making everyone else comfortable, I think they're all finally grateful and she's finally moved onto to making herself happy and comfortable!
Travis was my first love. I remember riding around with my friend Jeff. Everyone drove the path of the bayouside then around the sonic and back. Circling for hours seemed to make sense back then. On one particular circle Trav and all of his friends were standing around outside their trucks talking. My heart skipped and told Jeff I wanted to meet him. Jeff arranged and a week or so later we were dating. We were inseperable from that moment one and I loved him from that moment on. We shared everything, we were the best team ever made. No matter where I go in life, he will always have a special place in my heart, the first place I ever gave away.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kristie.. I just noticed my comment on my blog. You wanted me to email you about childcard. I haven't been on my blog in a while. I am still learning it. Here is my email klshebert1@yahoo.com Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I don't know how to work this thing!

    ReplyDelete