Saturday, July 11, 2009

That damn frog!

A frog the size of a pecan has been croaking outside for the last three hours! I finally had enough and decided to go outside and hunt him/her down! I unrolled the water hose and sprayed it in every direction the croaking sound echoed. FINALLY I spotted him on the side of the pool. I sprayed him and he stopped. Just as I walked inside he started again. I repeated the hose drill, he stopped, I waited 5 minutes and came back in. 10 minutes later, he started up again. This went on for three more trips. Finally I spent 10 whole minutes spraying him directly until he was in the middle of the pool and started looking tired. I thought for sure we were through...
That damn frog is at it again. He's very, very brave and I, in my very pregnant glory, am on the verge of jumping in the pool and pulling his legs off of his little body! Seriously - this is so NOT funny anymore.
It's like he's egging me on. He starts then just when I have had enough he stops for a few minutes then starts again. I could continue to spray him but unless I actually kill the poor thing, he'll keep swimming to the side and eventually start croaking again.
I am desperately hoping he achieves whatever it is that frogs achieve with all that freaking noise!

2 comments:

  1. OK.... it is time for that baby to come out Woman. You are starting to loose it! LOL!! You should have called. I would have been happy to pick up the little guy and bring him next door. Of course there is no pool at my house so he may have decided to find his way back to yours. Heck, it could have been a female frog calling her MAN on a Saturday night. You blew all the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG i'm sorry but this is funny. i can only imagine you out there spraying a stupid frog in the middle of the pool, totally sounds like something i would do!

    ReplyDelete