Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My bestfriend's wedding

Original Post Date: 4/27/2009
Saturday was my bestfriends wedding. I was her Maitron of Honor and it really was an honor and the first time I held that title. Lacie and I are as different as night and day and yet much the same as a cold beer and good joke on a bad day! With that analogy in mind... her wedding was amazing and sort of an eye opener for me. Lacie's sister and I are really good friends as well. And much more alike when it comes to what's on the "outside." We joked the entire time about how laxed and carefree Lacie was about so many things. She didnt care about many things I was made to think were a big deal. Tash and I tried convincing her that she needed more lights at the reception, and more color. Lacie and Joey werent worried about those things and you know what... when the reception rolled around not one person noticed that we hadn't put the extra lighting up and they didnt seem to care about decorations either. Lacie's wedding was perfect and very beautiful. All of the details were there in plain sight, everything came together like a fairytale. But most of all Lacie at every moment I was there had a smile on her face and not a single care in the world. She and Joey were enjoying their day 100% the way it should be enjoyed. They didnt have to worry about lights or drinks or food or anything of those things. They got to enjoy THEIR day to the fullest. In the end I learned to care less about the material things and enjoy the things that really matter. People don't remember your weddind decor... they remember the look on your face and whether or not your cried or laughed. Cheers to Lacie Annette... you're the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment