Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Lucky me and my great husband!

Original post date: 5/19/2009
Pregnant, emotional, overly dramatic... to describe myself on a good day. I've invested a great deal of time in trying to be good at the things I do. I am and I love being a mother, a sister, a daughter, and a friend. I also love being a wife although sometimes I take being married for granted, almost as if it's just another role in life wherein it comes with the kids and the in-laws, etc. But... it is so much more than that. I've realized that I have more than a lot to be thankful for when it comes to my marriage... I have everything to be thankful for. I really do have a great husband. Sure, we've had our ups and downs, even a few tornado's but at the end of the day he is the man I want to spend all of the other days with... he is my "forever." We argue, fuss, pick-on each other and most days we drive each other nuts but he does love me. And lord knows he has to put up with and deal with way more as my husband than I do as his wife! It's harder to tolerate me than I'd like to admit but he does and oddly enough - he very rarely complains, especially in relation to how much complaining I do! I know that in a week from now I'll be mad at him but that's all a part of marriage. I don't believe in one true love. I beleive that one day we fall for someone and it's up to us to decide whether or not that person is the person we want to do forever with. Wwen we say I do... it's not just to the honeymoon and the good days, its to all of the above and all of the below! Its to getting fat, raising kids differently, hating some of each others friends, bad breath, terrible hair cuts... and it's also I do to loving you even when I'm not in love with you and it's vowing to always do whatever is possible to fall back in love. When I'm not strong, Todd is strong for both of us. When I'm stubborn, he becomes the bigger person and helps me along the way. I hate that he thinks I'm messy because I'm not but then again... maybe my version of messy and his are just too different things. So... in the end, I love my husband and I am so, so lucky to have him.

No comments:

Post a Comment