Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My day.

Amazing…

Today I took the girls shopping, they got to make a list for the people they wanted to buy gifts for then went and they got to pick presents for the people on their list. They were able to pick whatever they wanted. I only offered advice when they asked for it. It was amazing to watch and listen to the generosity Madison has in her. With each person she checked off, she added another name to the list. Grace, while in the shopping mood and happy about picking out presents, leaned more towards presents that could be shared with her . Shopping with a 4 year old and 5 year three days before Christmas offered a chance to laugh and plenty of opportunities to pull my hair out! I had to remind myself through clinched teeth to breathe and relax. They argued about who got to pick out presents first, which isle had better choices, who was going to check out first, who would open the car door first, etc… Grace was thirsty, Maddie was mad because Grace was taking too long and in the end, we made it to the car in one piece, everyone checked off the list. We stopped for ice cream afterward and few last minute gifts I needed to pick up. We came home and after 20 minutes of hiding in the guest bedroom, I had mustered enough sanity to emerge again for round two so we could wrap presents!
The presents were funny, they range from a whoopy cushion to a very funky diamond studded headband. The best part is the wrapping. Each got to pick their own wrapping paper and had their own tape dispenser. I pre-cut the paper and they went to town wrapping. Now they’re at Cart Ranch with Todd. The perfect ending to a very bumpy and fun day!

My second wonder… Cameron! Belly laughs and rolling around on the floor. That kid can make you smile even on the hardest of days. He’s like a small snowman or a jolly santa clause. You say “boo” and his face lights up like a Christmas tree. I put him to bed about 30 minutes ago. As I got up to lay him in his bed I couldn’t help but smother him with kisses and rub my lips on his soft, fuzzy hair. He’s grown so fast that I find myself staring at him in amazement. I still wake up and put my hand on his chest to make sure he’s breathing. He looks so much like Todd and Madison that it’s scary. He’s got dimples in his cheeks and right under his eyes when he smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment